Boston Project Rebound Re- Entry Services, Inc.
Links to Housing Resources
Safe and stable housing is particularly important for women to ensure their physical and emotional safety immediately following release. Having a secure place to live can minimize the risk of women returning to or relying on unhealthy relationships to meet basic needs. NBRS is committed to ensuring safe and stable housing located away from prior abusive or unhealthy relationships with space for the woman to make her transition back into the community a positive and productive experience.
City of Boston 2022 Homeless Census Summary Data
|Subtotal: Single Adults||1,659||1,545||-6.87%|
|Families||Persons in Families|
Number of Families
Persons in Families
|Number of Families||Persons in Families||Number of Families|
Available Affordable Units
Metrolist: All affordable housing developments in Boston must list available units with Metrolist. Please contact their office to find currently available units at firstname.lastname@example.org or 617.635.3321.
CHAPA Lotteries and Resales Listings: The Citizens’ Housing and Planning Association lists lotteries and resales on affordable ownership opportunities.
MassAccess Housing Registry: This database lists available units across Eastern Massachusetts, and highlights accessible/barrier-free homes for persons with disabilities.
MBHP Apartment Listings: Metro Housing|Boston affordable rental apartments.
Low-Income and Public Units
Boston Housing Authority: The Boston Housing Authority provides subsidized housing opportunities to low-income residents and administers the Section 8 voucher program for Boston. Contact the BHA at 617.988.4200.
HUD Low Rent Apartment Search: The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development keeps a searchable database of low-rent units nationwide.
Eviction Prevention/Landlord Disputes
If you are at risk of losing your housing, please contact:
Rental Housing Center: The City of Boston’s Department of Neighborhood Development Rental Housing Center helps mediate tenant-landlord disputes at 617.635.7368.
Boston Emergency Shelters
**** Recommended by Boston Project Rebound Reentry Services, Inc.
If you have lost your housing, and need help finding emergency or transitional housing, please contact:
Emergency Shelter Commission: The Emergency Shelter Commission at the Boston Public Health Commission helps with referrals to emergency housing services.
The Massachusetts Department of Housing and Community a Development has a guide to homelessness resources. Click on your town or city to get links to local resources.
Metro Boston Area
- Coming Home Directory Homeless Shelters List
- BPHC Southampton Street Shelter – 112 Southampton Street., Boston, Ma 02118 617-534-6100
- 112 SOUTHAMPTON SHELTER REPORT Client Snapshot 2022
- House Of Hope Homeless Shelter– 812 Merrimack Street, Lowell MA, 01854 email@example.com 978.458.2870
- Lowell Transitional Living Center – Phone: 978-458-9888 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: ltlc.org
- Shattuck Shelter (Pine Street Inn) –
- Harvard Square Homeless Shelter– 66 Winthrop St, Cambridge, MA 02138 · (888) 285-4038
- Lifebridge Northshore – 56 Margin St, Salem, MA 01970 · (978) 744-0500 lifebridgenorthshore.org
- Somerville Homeless Coalition Adult Shelter – 1 Davis Sq, Somerville, MA 02144 · (617) 623-6111
- Father Bill’s Place – 38 Broad St, Quincy, MA 02169 · (617) 770-3314
- Casa Nueva Vida Homeless Shelter, 53 Glen Road, Boston, MA, 02130, United States (617)-524-6332
- Daybreak Shelter-19 Winter Street Lawrence, MA 01841 PHONE (978) 975-4547 FAX (978) 975-2672
- Project Hope – 550 Dudley St, Roxbury, MA 02119 · (617) 442-1880
- **** Boston Pine Street Inn 444 Harrison Avenue Boston, Ma 02118 617-892-9100 (Ask to speak with Trauma Team for intake)
- Holy Family Shelter – Located in Dorchester
- Shattuck Shelter – located in Jamaica Plain
- Massachusetts Coalition for the Homeless – Lynn, Ma
Western Massachusetts (Springfield, Massachusetts Area)
- Friends of the Homeless- Springfield, Ma
- Samaritan Inn Homeless Shelter – 7 Free Street Westfield, Ma 01085
Worcester Massachusetts Area
Berkshire Hills Area (Pittsfield, Ma,Lee, Stockbridge,Adams, North Adams, Becket, Great Barrington, Monterey)
- Bartons Crossing Emergency Shelter Transitional Shelter Pittsfield, MA 01201 (413) 442-1445
- Berkshire Community Action Council – Friends House Family Shelter Pittsfield, MA 01201 413-445-4503
- Berkshire County Regional Housing Authority-h Pittsfield Pittsfield, MA 01201 413-443-7138
- Salvation Army Pittsfield Emergency Housing Referrals Pittsfield, MA 01201 413-442-0624
Women Homeless Shelters (Boston Area)
- Rosie’s Place 889 Harrison Ave., Boston, Ma 02118 617-442-9322
- St. Patrick’s Shelter Homeless Shelter for women – 270 Washington St. -Somerville, MA 02143 (617) 628-3015
- BPHC, The Woods-Mullen Shelter– 794 Massachusetts Ave, Boston, MA 02118 (617) 534-7100
- Pine Street Inn for Women – 363 Albany Street, Boston, Ma 02118
Other Housing Resources
Housing for People with Disabilities
General Affordable Housing Counseling
Metro Housing|Boston: Metro Housing|Boston’s Housing Portal is the agency’s “Front Door”. The portal offers information and referrals, brief counseling, education and workshops, and emergency financial assistance. Metro Housing|Boston also administrator’s the State Section 8 voucher program. Contact them at email@example.com or 617.859.0400.
Additional Agencies Related to Affordable Housing
City of Boston
Neighborhood Housing Development: The Neighborhood Housing Development program of the City of Boston’s Department of Neighborhood Development works with non-profit and for-profit partners to develop and preserve affordable housing. 617.635.3880
Boston Home Center: The Boston Home Center of the City of Boston’s Department of Neighborhood Development helps Boston residents purchase, improve, and keep their homes. They offer training and financial help to first-time home buyers; guidance and funding for homeowners for home improvements; and counseling to help families avoid foreclosure. 617.635.HOME (617.635.4663)
page updated on 5/3/2023